👉👉👉 Wanna play?
See our About page for more info…
- This event has passed.
“Publishing OA Journals at a Scholarly Society or University” webinar
September 26, 2019 @ 1:30 pm - October 6, 2019 @ 6:30 pm BSTFree
On Thursday, the 26th of September 2019 at 9:30 AM EDT / 1:30 PM GMT Scholastica is hosting a free webinar, “Publishing OA Journals at a Scholarly Society or University.” Click here to save your spot and receive a link to the full recording!
Is your scholarly society or university considering launching an open access (OA) journal? Or are you working to develop an existing in-house journal program to expand the reach of your articles and meet core publishing standards, like inclusion in relevant indexes? You and your team likely have many questions around where to focus your efforts and how to publish at the highest level possible with limited time and resources.
On Thursday, the 26th of September 2019 at 9:30 AM EST / 1:30 PM GMT you can learn more about how to launch and develop a successful journal publishing initiative first-hand during Scholastica’s free webinar, “Publishing OA Journals at a Scholarly Society or University.” During the webinar, editors and publishers that use Scholastica will share their experience launching and scaling OA journals in-house with the help of publishing tools and services.
The webinar will feature the following guest speakers:
- Peter Coles, Professor in, and Head of, the Department of Theoretical Physics at Maynooth University, and Editor-in-Chief of The Open Journal of Astrophysics (@OJ_Astro)
- Fiona Morley, Head of Digital Programmes and Information Systems at Maynooth University Library (@library_MU)
- Ashley Amaya, Senior Research Survey Methodologist at RTI International and Editor-in-Chief of Survey Practice (@SurveyPractice)
We are grateful to all of our guest speakers for taking the time to be a part of this event!
Webinar discussion overview
This 1-hour webinar will be a panel-style event, with the guest speakers sharing presentations on their publishing initiatives followed by an audience Q&A. During the webinar, the speakers will share their experience publishing OA journals and key lessons learned, including advice on how to:
- Launch a new OA journal at a university or society
- Develop OA journals to meet the highest standards and reach more readers
- Expand OA journal publishing efforts with limited resources