👉👉👉 Wanna play?
See our About page for more info…
Open labware: FlyPi Workshop
September 27 - September 29€65
The goal of the workshop is to give participants basic training in technologies that will allow them to build their own laboratory equipment, repair/calibrate existing ones and change their relation to the tools they use everyday in the laboratory.
This will be done using a project based learning approach where participants will build a FlyPi – an open source all in one biology lab that can be used for microscopy (optical and fluorescent), optogenetics, thermogenetics and behavioural tracking. More details on the publication describing the device: https://journals.plos.org/plosbiology/article?id=10.1371/journal.pbio.2002702
Participants are asked to apply in pairs from the same institution/organization or in the same city as they will take their built FlyPi back with them.
– Accommodation (bed in a hostel room)
– Coffee Breaks
– Evening meal
– Tickets for the public transport in Berlin for the duration of the workshop.
Please note that other meals will not be covered! Also, we are not able to cover transport to/from Berlin. Selected participants are expected to be present for the entire duration of the workshop.
1) We only accept pair applications. A pair consists of two (2) members, all of whom have to be based at the same or nearby University, equivalent research institution or association/organization (same city). This will help participant maintain the equipment they take with them from the worskhop.
2) Bachelor’s degree or higher in biological, medical and related sciences will be considered, up to and including professorial level/head of department. Pairs may be freely composed across these levels. Seniority is not a selection criterion.
3) Each individual candidate may only feature in one application.
4) Applicants need to send one PDF file containing a one page CV of each participant, plus a one page motivation letter to email@example.com (see details on section 4)
Incomplete applications, or those that do not adhere to the above guidelines, will not be considered.